I’m certainly not the first person to make a cake ball/pop but if you haven’t had one of these little gems you really are missing out.
We had a snowy day here in Korea so I decided to make some Valentines for some of our friends. I was able to pound out over 40 cake balls in 3 hours and while that seems like a long time, a lot of it is spent waiting for the cake to bake or the balls to freeze so it’s not as labor intensive as you think.
I wasn’t planning on posting these but they turned out so cute, so bear with me and my lack of pictures.
You will need:
1 box cake mix (and whatever ingredients you need to bake the cake: eggs, water, oil)
1 can frosting
2 bags Candy Melts
Directions: These are SO easy.
- Bake the cake according to the box. Let cool.
- Crumble up cake in a large bowl.
- Mix with the can of frosting until well combined.
- Roll into tablespoon size balls.
- Freeze to allow the balls to set up, about 30 mins.
- Melt your candy melts according to package instructions in the microwave.
- Dunk your cake balls one at a time and allow excess to drizzle off. (I use a fork and spoon for this step.)
- Set on parchment paper to dry.
- Add sprinkles! (Make sure to do this after each individual ball so the sprinkles stick, the candy melts harden pretty quickly.
There you have it! Easy Peasy. I’ve made these quite a few times and they are well received by everyone.
I had some little boxes left over from the holidays so I threw a few in there and they wrapped up pretty nicely.
Addison is also a pretty big fan.